A comprehensive Approch
Our Bariatric Services provide: a multidisciplinary approach to the weight-loss surgery process that guides you from pre-surgery consultation and testing through surgery, recovery and continuing support.
Panel of Bariatric Surgeons
As part of our services, Med Access is proud to present one of the finest team of surgeons in India. Our specialists have been trained at the best Institutes in the world as well as have decades of surgical as well as teaching and research experience...
Experts in Bariatric Surgery
Experience counts when it comes to complex Bariatric surgery. As you go through our associate surgeons profiles, you will find that each one of them has completed thousand of surgeries.
It is important to choose a surgeon who specializes in your area of concern, has performed your operation numerous times, and will take the time to educate you on your options. Our surgeons focus on specific areas of specialty within the practice and has many years experience performing the related surgeries.
Our experienced Bariatric surgeons offer a myriad of surgery options. Almost all gastric bypass surgeries in India are performed using the state of the art minimally invasive or laparoscopic approach.
Our Associate Hospitals
Our associate hospitals are certified, having state of the art facilities and equipped with state of Art infrastructure and latest technology Hospitals adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, medication safety, respect for rights and privacy, international infection control standards.
Cost of Treatment
Med Access offers all-inclusive packages in order of provide you an accurate estimates the total expenditure that you are going to incur during the trip. Also you will find our offer the best value for money: Affordable prices for the Best quality.
Med Access Services offer you:
- The choice of highly qualified, experienced, and certified and experts in Bariatric/Obesity Surgery.
- The choice of destinations to suit your requirements.
- Coordinate all medical correspondence with your selected surgeon
- Prepare detailed cost estimates
- Arrange for medical consultations
- Assist in your preparation for your surgery and accommodation.
- Make all necessary bookings
- Accompany you to all your surgery appointments.
What is Morbid obesity?
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), an increase in 20 percent or more above your ideal body weight is the point at which there is a significant increase in the risk of one or more obesity-related health conditions or serious diseases.
Morbid obesity is typically defined as being 40 kgs or more over ideal body weight or having a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or higher. BMI = Weight in kgs/ (Height in meters).
You are a candidate for surgical weight loss if you:
- Have a BMI greater than or equal to 35 with one or more significant obesity related conditions including:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- High cholesterol
- Family history of early coronary heart disease
- Other possible indications for patients with BMI between 35 and 40 include:
- Obesity-induced physical problems interfering with lifestyle.
- Body size problem precluding or severely interfering with social life, employment, family function, and ambulation).
- Have a BMI greater than 40 regardless of the presence of other medical condition.
- Are 20-60 years old (with some exceptions) .
- Have failed multiple attempts with supervised dietary, behavioral and medical therapy.
- Understand and accept the operative risks.
- Have realistic expectations and are motivated.
koshy george Bariatric Surgery